Monday, May 13, 2013

Author Spotlight: Kristen DaRay

 
Picture
I'm excited to add another new feature to the blog: author spotlight interviews. It was so much fun to be interviewed during my week as the PFDRWRG featured author that I decided to continue the fun by also hosting some interviews! I'll start with other featured authors from the group, and I'll also be acting as a blog host for Saskia Book Tours. From there I'll also branch out into other authors I want to introduce to my blog visitors.

First up is Kristen DaRay, whose book Gemini of Emreiana I reviewed here.

1. Tell us a little about yourself:
I am 21 years old, live in Alabama, and completely love reading and writing. I enjoy watching Korean Drama's and playing Sims 3 along with writing Sims stories.

2. When did you start writing, and why?
I started writing my first novel when I was 15. As far as writing in general since the 6th grade, 12.  I started writing after I won a contest in our county for an essay. It even placed second in the state. I was so proud of my achievement that I wanted to pursue it. It wasn't until I was 15 that I realized that I really enjoyed the fantasy world and had some great ideas of my own.

3. What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write?
Right now I am interested in writing YA science fiction. I integrate some romance in it, but I like having a major story within it, not focusing on the romantic side. To me, this builds the characters a lot more and I can see and watch them grow.

4. What is your latest book? Any forthcoming books?
My latest, and first, book was Gemini of Emreiana. Carson finds out that her life is a lie, and that she is an alien princess. She will have to make difficult choices, including leaving behind her friends and boyfriend, Kyle.  However, Emreiana's war with the Bremoir seem to impact her decision.

Right now I am working on wrapping up the sequel to the Gemini series, Gemini the Heir. Carson is adjusting to life on Emreiana, but now the war isn't her only problem. Some of the other leaders in Emreiana do not see her fit to take the crown. Book two is full of twists and surprises, though.

5. "Welcome To My Worlds": Tell us a little about the world of your latest book:
Emreiana is a planet within the Volva solar system. They are at war with the Bremoir, species to planet Helentania. Emreiana is mostly a tropical planet. The areas around its poles is extremely barren and cold. It is full of new animals, such as drazen, and plant life, such as illimor.

6. Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
Carson, also known as Lenai Carsona, is our heroine. She was born in Emreiana as an heir to the throne. However, the Bremoir see her as a threat because of a prophecy they have. So she was sent to Earth to be protected from the Bremoir. 18 years later she learns of her past and has to make a decision to leave. But, it's hard for her because she is living the dream life with her friends and boyfriend Kyle.

I like Carson because while she has a reason to be upset with the situation, in the end she handles it like a true Lenai, princess.  She is wiling to put her feelings aside so that she can keep her friends safe. That is a hard decision for someone to make.

7. A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book:
A fun fact about Gemini of Emreina would be that the first chapter changed five times before I settled. The original was completely different. Then halfway through the book, I decided I didn't like it so I changed it about twice. Then when I finished writing, I realized there were a few things that didn't measure up so I rewrote it another two times.

Picture
8. Blog/site link, and where your book is available:
This link includes links to where all my books are available:
http://kristendaray.blogspot.com/p/gemini-of-emreiana.html
Which is amazon, kobo, smashwords, scribd, Barns and Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all comments must now be approved. Only comments directly related to the subject of the post will be approved. Thanks for understanding.