Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Author Spotlight: Jennifer Howard

 
Picture
And now it's time for another author spotlight: Jennifer Howard!

1. Tell us a little about yourself. 
My name is Jen and I'm a lunatic. No lie. I'm crazy, inappropriate, warped. I "lie" for a living, and I love it! I'm a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, a dog owner, and a super spy. Oops--I didn't mean to say that. Now I'm gonna have to kill ya. Sorry. My bad.

2. When did you start writing, and why?
I have written all of my life. As to the why, it's always been a part of me--it's like breathing. I couldn't exist and not write.

3. What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write? 
I write a little bit of everything--short stories, poetry, various genres of fiction. I haven't tried nonfiction yet, but I'm always open to trying new things! (That to say, it's always a possibility!) I like to switch things up, and it's challenging to attempt different things. Sometimes it's a flop, sometimes it's brilliance--but every time, it's fun! I enjoy writing, period! 

4. What is your latest book? Any forthcoming books?
My currently released book is The Healing Heart. My work-in-progress is entitled The Steps to Karma. I also have a secret work-in-progress, as well. It's a collaboration, and I'm EXTREMELY excited about it!

5. "Welcome To My Worlds": Tell us a little about the world of your latest book.
The Steps to Karma is set in our world, mostly on the island of St. John, USVI. I absolutely liken Caribbean island life to a magical world. The scenery, the colors, the environment, the weather---purely magical!  In my book, I hope my descriptions do it justice!

6. Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
My protagonist is named Karma Clark. She's a burnt out D.C. divorce attorney who has some MAJOR issues and decisions to make! She's strong, emotionally pent up, a hot mess! My favorite character, though, is Jae Jourdain. She's 1/4 Thai, raised by her NOLA Creole Grammy, tattooed, dread locked, a hippie chick, and FUN! She interjects Cajun French phrases into her regular conversation--which throws Karma for a loop, at first. And she is the antithesis of 'emotionally pent-up'--which is GREAT to me! 

7. A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book:
I have travelled to St. John twice, my last trip being business and pleasure, research and vacation. I hope it shows in my book!

Picture
8. Blog/site link, and where your book is available:
My website is http://www.jennifer-howard.net. My blog is there, as well as descriptions and links to my currently published book, The Healing Heart, short stories, featured indie authors, and a sneak peek of The Steps to Karma. It's fun! The Healing Heart is available for sale on Amazon.com: amzn.to/YdGBsR, Barnes and Noble.com:  bit.ly/ZjX7bO and on iTunes: bit.ly/16wdUvY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all comments must now be approved. Only comments directly related to the subject of the post will be approved. Thanks for understanding.