Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Scenes from Daughter of the Wildings

Low Sonoran desert, south of Phoenix from I-10. Photo: K. Halland, 2015. Creative Commons: Attribution, non-commercial
The physical world of Daughter of the Wildings was inspired by the landscapes of the western U.S., where I was born and raised and still live. From the surroundings I grew up in and live in, to scenes viewed from the car on family road trips, it's all familiar to me. I do my best to paint these landscapes in words in my books, but sometimes you can't show everything with words. There's a reason for the saying, A picture is worth a thousand words. So for those of you who aren't as familiar with these scenes, or if you are and still want a visualization, I've posted a collection of photos of landscapes and scenery that helped inspire Daughter of the Wildings on my main site. (Too many photos to easily copy over!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all comments must now be approved. Only comments directly related to the subject of the post will be approved. Thanks for understanding.