Friday, November 8, 2013

Author Spotlight: Lenore Sagaskie

Picture
Introducing Lenore Sagaskie, author of The FourSworn series.

Q: Tell us a little about yourself.
A: I am a Canadian living in self imposed exile in Michigan. I served in the armed forces and achieved the rank of Sergeant before releasing. I am a free-lance writer and was a staff writer for the Emmett Village News, a local monthly paper.  I am also an artist and I like to create in pencil, pen & ink, metal-smithing and mixed media. Currently I am loving Steampunk, and not only am I creating steampunk accessories, I do cosplay at conventions with my friend who is an insanely talented costumer. Her skills won us tickets to Costume Con 32, an international costumer convention that will be held in Toronto, Ontario in April 2014.

Q: When did you start writing, and why?
A: I started writing when I was in elementary school.  By the time I was nine years old, I had read all the Nancy Drew books, the Hardy Boys and The Tales of the Arabian nights. When I realized I could tell stories of my adventures, I started to write. I have been writing in some form or another ever since.

Q: What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write? A:  I am currently writing urban fantasy novels. I am working on The Four Sworn: Summer Solstice, Book 2 of The Four Sworn series, as well as an urban fantasy/horror novel and a non-fiction novel.  I am also working on two urban fantasy short stories for anthologies. I love creating characters and seeing how they interact with each other. Sometimes when I write, I feel like I am watching a dream and taking notes. I love that feeling!

Q: What is your latest book or series? Any forthcoming books?
A: My latest release is an urban fantasy novel, The Four Sworn: Spring Equinox. It’s about four artists that become elemental vessels who have to harness their powers and use them to prevent the veil between the human world and the fairy realm (Feyland) from being lifted. They have to fulfill their destiny as they battle to prevent the two worlds from tearing each other apart. It is the first in a series. Book 2 will be released in 2014.

Q: "Welcome To My Worlds": Tell us a little about the world of your latest book or series.
A: The story begins in Harmon, a fictional town in Michigan. It begins with Abby and Sara preparing for an outdoor art show. Abby encounters a mysterious man who vanishes and then their elemental powers begin to manifest. The book moves between Michigan, England and Feyland where the final battle goes down.

Q: Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
A: Sara is the Air vessel. Her medium is acrylic paint.  She is an airbrush artist. She is not your stereotypical blonde. She is interested in a lot of things and learns everything she can if the topic interests her. She is very likeable and friendly. She has tendencies to be a little flighty and sometimes has problems grounding herself. She is eager to explore and harness her powers and does so with ease.

Joe is the Earth vessel. He is a clay artist and creates sculptures and pottery. He is a Native American man who is a high school art teacher. He was raised by his mother after his father mysteriously left the family. He reconnects with his spiritual legacy and learns more about his background as he explores his new found abilities. Joe is a shy man and this makes him awkward around some women, in particular, Sara.

William is the water vessel. He is an English watercolor artist. He is the only one of the four that has had his powers most of his life. He uses water to scry.  When he puts his hand in a lake, he sees future events which he then paints. He hopes to someday be able to decipher these predictions to prevent disasters from happening. He has a Fey friend that meets him at the lake, an Undine (a type of mermaid) named Rhysdale. William is the eldest of the four, in his 6th decade.

Abby is the fire vessel. She is a metal-smithing artist. She is a very passionate person who has control of her life and is completely devoted to her loving husband Dan. She is overwhelmed by her powers and has the most difficulty harnessing them. The fire element makes her quick to anger and she is the most reluctant of the four to use the powers. She worries she will be consumed by the fire or hurt someone by accident when or if she loses control.

Q: A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book.
A: Many of the secondary characters are real people, artists that I know. I l enjoy making real people characters.

Blog/site link, and where your book is available:

My book is available on:
Itunes Connect | Createspace | Amazon

You can read sample chapters on my website
www.thefoursworn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all comments must now be approved. Only comments directly related to the subject of the post will be approved. Thanks for understanding.