Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Review: A Vampire's Saving Embrace

Picture
A Vampire's Saving Embrace, by Darlene Kuncytes

* * * * (4 stars)

Vampire paranormal romance is way out of my usual reading, but I decided to give A Vampire's Saving Embrace a try and I'm glad I did. Fast-moving, emotional, and dramatic, with gripping battles between the vampires (and their werewolf allies) and some truly nasty demons.

My favorite part of the book was Desmond. Gorgeous and manly, he genuinely cares about Abby and wants what's best for her. In a time when one of the hottest trends in romance seems to be the idealization of abusive jerks, it's wonderful to find a hero who is hot and entirely masculine but also a genuinely nice guy (yes, even though he's a vampire, he can still be a nice guy) and who treats the heroine with true caring and respect.

Abby makes a few decisions that I found frustrating, but I think she learned her lesson by the end. There were also a few minor editing issues I found a little distracting, but nothing serious.

Overall, A Vampire's Saving Embrace is a lot of fun, both for lovers of vampire romances and for those of us new to the genre. I'm looking forward to catching up with two of the supporting characters, Katrina and Luke, in the next book, A Wolf's Savage Embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to spam, all comments must now be approved. Only comments directly related to the subject of the post will be approved. Thanks for understanding.